Pipe Shapes
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    I've been meaning to add a little content to this section, so here we go:

The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    A good deal of the shape of the pipes are pure aesthetics, but some types are supposedly 'better' for certain types of tobacco. The chamber geometry, the diameter of the draw hole, and the length of the pipe are all going to affect the temp/rate burn on the tobacco and the smoke itself. I won't even claim to be an expert here, so you can check this page out for more info:
    http://pipesandcigars.com/howdobogeafp.html

In the end, it all comes down to personal preference, so I won't even try to suggest what you should use for any type of pipe tobacco. Plus, I'm not really very well informed on the differences anyway. :-/
  • ThymThym
    some creative shapes there. you need to make one of each.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ThymThym

A good deal of the shape of the pipes are pure aesthetics, but some types are supposedly 'better' for certain types of tobacco. The chamber geometry, the diameter of the draw hole, and the length of the pipe are all going to affect the temp/rate burn on the tobacco and the smoke itself. I won't even claim to be an expert here, so you can check this page out for more info:

In the end, it all comes down to personal preference, so I won't even try to suggest what you should use for any type of pipe tobacco. Plus, I'm not really very well informed on the differences anyway. :-/

but we all know the churchwarden is the best.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

some creative shapes there. you need to make one of each.

i'd like to try my hand at about half of those shapes, or at least variations.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

they are pretty sweet. still waiting on my supplier to have churchwarden stems back in stock.

richardberezewski
  • ceanntceannt
    always liked the Calabash my own self....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    Pipe building eh??? Google. YouTube. Aristocob. Cobfoolery.
    Sign here______________________________
  • C_BC_B
    Well not I want a pipe! and Pipe tobacco! Right meow!
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

Also this.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    I've always preferred a steeply curved pipe such as the "egg". I like to smoke hands free while I do stuff.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • scoobscoob
    Lakewood said:

I love my churchwarden pipe!

I prefer a bent stem at any rate, nothing worse than accidentally sucking up some pipe juice....

Ick! :-&
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    scoob said:

Lakewood said:

I prefer a bent stem at any rate, nothing worse than accidentally sucking up some pipe juice....

Grow a set.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • scoobscoob

scoob said:

Lakewood said:

Grow a set.

Pbbbbbttttt!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ceanntceannt
    I liked a bent stem too .... dang it ... now I want to dig out my pipe ....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • Hello there! I did alot of research about crafting a pipe and decided to make one for my own, I am very pleased with it. You can go to my blog ( cigstars.net ), it has lots of reviews on different pipes.

Admin edit: no links until you have at least 10 quality posts.
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    Another chart. Why do the Billiard, Brandy, and Pot look so similar here?
    image.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 160K
    Sign here______________________________
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle

Another chart. Why do the Billiard, Brandy, and Pot look so similar here?

Cuz those upper class desk job people who smoke straight pipes like to make the distinction between very similar things so they feel smart.
    -Some guy in Ohio