Goose Island anniversary ale
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    I picked up a six pack of Goose Island's 25 anniversary ale, an esb, and I have to admit that is pretty good!

Appearance: As you can see from the picture I took off google, this beer has a nice, rich auburn (yes i did have to look that word up) color and a nice creamy head that laces well.

Aroma: Exactly what comes to my mind when you say english esb, bready/biscuit notes with some malty toffee in the background.

Flavor: Very much like the aroma. There is a nice toffee/malty flavor up front that finishes crisp and dry. The english hops support the malt perfectly, without either getting in the way or going undetected. They managed to get a very nice english ester profile.

Overall: A very nice, classic example of a beer from a brewery that tends to brew for the masses. I wish it weren't a one off; it's much better than they're normal esb (honkers ale). I need to go pick some more up before it's all gone.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ceanntceannt
    Oh yum .....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • BenSBenS
    Agreed, I'll be getting some soon. 4 or 6 packs?
    There's no starting point. It's just a massive sea of shit to wade through until you find the occasional corn kernel. -DrCurly
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    six packs.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I have a keg of it now. Good stuff.