Burgers - sometimes you hit a home run
  • jlwjlw
    Wife and son have been wanting cheese burgers so tonight I finally made some.

Ingredients:
    Ground beef for four people you will need 2 lbs for 1/2 pound patties. I used the 90/10
    Ratio ground beef
    Onion powder to taste
    Kosher salt to taste
    Cracked black pepper to taste
    Italian season to taste
    Worceshire sauce to taste
    Panko bread crumbs o firm the patties up

Mix all of that in a big mixing bowl. Patty out to 1/2 lb patties.

Slap on the the grill when mostly done add your cheese of preference. We used pepper jack. Once the cheese is meltu add bacon crumbles and close lid a again. And let it all melt together.

I also like to make grilled onions for this. So slice an onion thick. Brush olive oil on each side and put a sprinkle of kosher salt and some cracked pepper. Put on the grill until charred and tender. Actually these make great appetizers as well. They taste like onion rings.
  • C_BC_B
    Well. These sound just freaking amazing.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    so where's the pics?
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • jlwjlw

so where's the pics?

In muh belly.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    if you do that with the onions, it works better for me to actually leave the "paper" on the onion when i grill the slabs. take off before eating. seems to help them hold together, but i'm clumsy (yeah, just drunk really) with the tongs
  • jlwjlw

if you do that with the onions, it works better for me to actually leave the "paper" on the onion when i grill the slabs. take off before eating. seems to help them hold together, but i'm clumsy (yeah, just drunk really) with the tongs

Yeah tey do want to fall apart. Tonight I didn't care cause they were goingon the burgers. I have been using a skewer to hold together. I might try leaving the skins on next time to see how that works.
  • ceanntceannt
    I love grilled onions ..... I also hit mine with a touch of garlic powder and cayenne .... I put em on a veggie basket thing ... so its OK if they fall apart .... have to try the skin trick
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    I grilled some onions tonight. Old bay and butter.
    Sign here______________________________
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Chocolate covered bacon makes things better.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • FuzzyFuzzy

false.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ceanntceannt

meh... needs more hops
  • ceanntceannt
    thought I would get that in before fry did... :D