Greetings from the high deserts of Idaho
  • gypsyfraugypsyfrau
    Greetings and salutations! I'm new to the brewing game, going to tag along with my old man as he makes his maiden voyage on the good ship Homebrew. He's more of a connoisseur than I, I prefer lighter beers to his hop monsters - but I'm on the computer more than he is, and it's easier for me to get involved and relay information (read here: I sit and look pretty, he does the hard work. Ha!) Anyway, looking forward to discussions and any advice you all can give to the newbies - we really want to be successful at this, and have a shared hobby that we both enjoy. So hello to you all, particularly those of you from The Village, and from Ardendale. (I read books like he drinks beer.)
  • C_BC_B
    Welcome to the site! It's a rewarding and seductive hobby.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    Welcome to the encampment. Feel free to post any questions you guys might have. If you let us know when you are planning a brew day we can try to keep an eye out for urgent items.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    Well met! Pleasure to meet ye
    We be happy to answer any questions ye mayhap 'ave
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • ceanntceannt
    Oh ... fair warning ... brewing is an obsessive art ....
  • C_BC_B
    Deserts? In Idaho? I don't believe you.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    I think she meant Desserts. like really tall apple pies or something.

...and welcome!
  • gypsyfraugypsyfrau
    Yes, deserts. Or so they tell me. Guess that would explain the god awful summer heat, but not the lack of cacti. Mostly just sagebrush annnnnd......not much else. We're not farmers or ranchers, so we need something else to entertain ourselves, and while away the hours. Enter beer.
  • jlwjlw
    Welcome. This is a great online community to get involved with.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    welcome to the site! and the hobby as well.

i'd pour you a pint, but i seem to be disemboweled at the moment. thanks very much kenny!
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews

i'd pour you a pint, but i seem to be disemboweled at the moment. thanks very much kenny!

What's that in your mouth.....
    I mean, you're alive in my books....just unlucky with the ladies...
  • FuzzyFuzzy

it's too large for you to recognize. if you saw it at 1/4 scale like you're use to, you'd realize what it is immediately.
  • ceanntceannt

Result of a poorly timed "old " joke .... its yer own dang fault
  • ceanntceannt

it's too large for you to recognize. if you saw it at 1/4 scale like you're use to, you'd realize what it is immediately.

From what your wives say ..... I think you may have that backwards .....
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    ceannt said:

surprised you can remember that far back. ;)
  • ceanntceannt

ceannt said:

surprised you can remember that far back. ;)

wait... who the heck are you again?
  • CZsCZs
    I'm pretty new around here but I can say this is the best brew forum around . . . fo sho. Any recipe I've posted has been received with warm support and helpful advice. The wife just made her first home brew, a brown ale - this past weekend. It is a great, rewarding hobby that lets your creative side flourish and so wonderful to do with the significant other. Sniff, sniff - gettin' a little 'motional here. Welcome!
  • scoobscoob
    Welcome to the site! If you have anything what needs fixin, I work for beer!!
    Jesus didn't wear pants