Woodman here, hello to everyone.
  • woodmanwoodman
    I can be such a slacker sometimes.. I signed up to this forum months ago and Im just now getting around to intruducing myself. Anyways, Im Woodman. I live in the beautiful, and very dusty, state of Arizona. Of course I know AZscoob, I fondly refer to him as my beer sensai. He also just happens to live a couple blocks away from me. He is responsible for getting me back into brewing after messing around with the Mr. Beer setup for a couple years with only minimal success. He taught me AG brewing on his rig and helped foster my habit until I got my own setup.
    I have been brewing AG for a couple years now and I love it! Im brewing 5-5.5 gallon batches in a modified keg brew kettle. I have a couple mini fridges with digital thermo controllers in my garage, using glass car boys for fermentation. I go straight to keg when the beers are ready, using good ol' ball lock corny kegs. Last but not least, I serve my brew from a 2 tower, 3 tap, double door beverage air kegerator that I found on craigslist for a smoking deal!!. Lets just say it needed some work..
    Im glad to finally get my introduction done and I will try to be better about getting on the forum and helping to build content. Hope to get to know you guys better!

Woodman
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    Welcome
    Sign here______________________________
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    welcome to the forum. post some pics of your set up when you get a chance!

we love shiny things here.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • C_BC_B
    Welcome.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ceanntceannt
    Welcome aboard!
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • scoobscoob
    Welcome!

Glad I twisted your arm and got you into brewing, it's sweet having a fellow brewer close enough to hang out with, wrench on a car a bit, have some home brews, play some billiards, drink some brews, brew some beer while drinking some beers.... :D
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    Hey, I have this engine block, and pistons, rods, crank, bearings etc. maybe Monday or Tuesday, we assemble this thing, have a few pints.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    Welcome to the site Woodman. I'd love to see some pics of the your gear. If you dont mind me asking, if you have a keg based brew rig, why do you do 5 gal batches most of the time?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • jlwjlw
    Welcome Woodman.
  • woodmanwoodman
    Lakewood said:

Welcome to the site Woodman. I'd love to see some pics of the your gear. If you dont mind me asking, if you have a keg based brew rig, why do you do 5 gal batches most of the time?

Ask away Lakewood. I usually make 5 gallon batches just for ease of brewing because I dont have a pump so double batches tend to get a bit difficult to lift and move around.
  • woodmanwoodman
    Thanks for the warm welcome fellas! I will post up a link to my photobucket "beer stuff" folder with pics of my brew gear. I will go ahead and place these right here for you viewing pleasure..
    http://s406.photobucket.com/user/nwood1976/slideshow/Beer Stuff

photo IMG_1258.jpg
    photo IMG_1253.jpg
  • woodmanwoodman
    azscoob said:

Hey, I have this engine block, and pistons, rods, crank, bearings etc. maybe Monday or Tuesday, we assemble this thing, have a few pints.

Man, you know Im down with that! You let me know when you are ready and I will arrive with large quantities of frosty refreshment!!

• ThymThym
    Thanks for sharing I'd love to have a serving system like that. very cool.

Do you have a ferm chamber? What do you use for fermentation vessels?
  • woodmanwoodman
    Lakewood said:

I use 2 mini fridges with digital temp controllers for fermentation chambers. In the post with the pics of my keggerator, right above the pics is a link to my photobucket "beer stuff" album with pics of all my brewing equipment. Well, except for my blichman burner as I just got that recently..
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

this. twice.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • scoobscoob

Lakewood said:

this. twice.

I remember driving out to nowhere to pick that thing up, killer deal on it too!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    woodman said:

Lakewood said:

I use 2 mini fridges with digital temp controllers for fermentation chambers. In the post with the pics of my keggerator, right above the pics is a link to my photobucket "beer stuff" album with pics of all my brewing equipment. Well, except for my blichman burner as I just got that recently..

just checked out the link. thats a bucket full of awesome right there.
  • woodmanwoodman
    Lakewood said:

woodman said:

Lakewood said:

just checked out the link. thats a bucket full of awesome right there.

Thanks guys, it was a labor of love! I found my keggerator on craigslist and talked the guy down to $300! It was a bit banged up, but mostly just needed some TLC. I replaced all the beer lines, put in new door seals, rebuilt both lock assemblies, re-routed the drip tray lines + condensor drip lines to a vessel inside the chamber, fixed a bent door hinge that was causing a gap and not letting the temp get lower than 40f, replaced the condensor drip tray, added perlick forward sealing faucets and finally put a new tecumpsuh compressor in it last summer. BEST. PROJECT. EVER! Plus my wife thinks its awesome as well, which as any of you married folks can atest to, is a very good thing!
    The whole reason I was set on getting a comercial grade keggerator was the ability to purchase pretty much any part I would need to keep it going. An added benefit is the ability to store an obscene amount of cold beer..Of course it helps that AZscoob knows almost EVERYONE, he has a buddy he introduced me to that actually repairs these types of keggerators and bar refidgerators for a living, which has helped more than once..