How often do you brew?
  • I'm really annoyed by trying (and failing) at brewing with any regularity. I'll make a good beer and the dang thing will be gone before I even get to think about brewing again. How do you manage to fit it in?
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Every other week, on Sunday afternoons usually. I have a very understanding wife, who also likes beer so I make sure and get her favorites on occasion. I try and plan a month out, if I was better I'd plan even further. All my gear is on the garage so without having to unpack and drag all over the place it streamlines brewing and saves time so I can keep the brewing time as short as possible. I also try and rack, keg, clean etc during the process so again, makes time for other stuff.
  • ceanntceannt
    not near often enough.... I go crazy when my fermenter is empty...
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Benvarine said:

Every other week, on Sunday afternoons usually. I have a very understanding wife, who also likes beer so I make sure and get her favorites on occasion. I try and plan a month out, if I was better I'd plan even further. All my gear is on the garage so without having to unpack and drag all over the place it streamlines brewing and saves time so I can keep the brewing time as short as possible. I also try and rack, keg, clean etc during the process so again, makes time for other stuff.

completely ignore this guy. he's crazy.

i brew when i can squeeze it into my schedule. between work and family time, it's hard to find the time, but i try to take full advantage when i have 6 hrs or so free. sometimes i have to stay up an hour or two later on a weekday to squeeze a brew in, but that's life.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ThymThym
    My brewing frequency is inversely proportional to the number of kids I have.

0 kids - 2x per month (pretty much Ben's schedule)
    1 kid - 1x per
    2 kids - 2x per year
    3 kids - 1x per year

The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • morsmors
    I've brewed every weekend except 2 starting on November 3rd. I usually do about 2 times per month...but have been on a tare lately. Also made 4 meads in that time and have 3 wine kits that need to be made still....
    BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
    Cicerone Certified Beer Server
    AHA Member
    CRAFT Homebrew Club
    Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
    HBT "mors"
  • ThymThym
    mors said:

I've brewed every weekend except 2 starting on November 3rd. I usually do about 2 times per month...but have been on a tare lately. Also made 4 meads in that time and have 3 wine kits that need to be made still....

Damn.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    mors said:

i need some of that motivation. i've been way too lazy lately.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i brew mostly in the spring, summer and fall. right around now i start needing to brew again because pipeline begins to get low. i am brewing this weekend. i used to brew much more before i switched to ten gallon batches and was learning how to formulate a recipe. during "brewing season" its one ten gallon batch every 3 - 4 weeks. this keeps 4 kegs full and pouring and usually two in reserve ready to be tossed in.
  • scoobscoob
    Since adopting our son,I have brewed once I think, he is now 19 months old.

My wife's new job has her working loads of hours so my old routine of brewing after work is shot to heck since I'm usually watching my son all eve.

Weekends are now spent doing the side jobs I used to do midweek, running air tools and a 220v compressor all night is tough when the garage shares a wall with my boys room.

My plan is to brew big when I get the time, like 20 gallons at a time big.

Before our son was born I prepped by brewing double batches every weekend, when he was born i had 15 full kegs of beer, it lasted almost a half year, he was really colicky so between the wife and I self medicating on our "nights off" from getting up to tend to him we burned through the beer really fast.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    I'm on a twice a year thing (it's sad really)... don't have a kid yet, but I will soon... When she is old enough to drink I might get back to every other week... maybe.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • ThymThym

I'm on a twice a year thing (it's sad really)... don't have a kid yet, but I will soon... When she is old enough to drink I might get back to every other week... maybe.

so, like 2-3 years?
  • C_BC_B
    I'm somewhere less than FZ but more than lake, scoob and jerry. I brew outside and work about 80 hours a week. So lining up good weather and time off is a bit of a challenge. But my wife is super supportive, so that really helps.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    C_dubbs said:

I'm somewhere less than FZ but more than lake, scoob and jerry. I brew outside and work about 80 hours a week. So lining up good weather and time off is a bit of a challenge. But my wife is super supportive, so that really helps.

If my wife drank beer I might brew more. She only likes wine on ocassion, and I've never tried to make wine.
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

C_dubbs said:

If my wife drank beer I might brew more. She only likes wine on ocassion, and I've never tried to make wine.

Does she like sweet thin strawberry wine? I can include a bottle or two of that if she's into it.
  • C_BC_B
    And my wife hates beer. Not really a drinker by any measure, but she is still really supportive of me brewing.
  • ThymThym
    C_dubbs said:

Lakewood said:

C_dubbs said:

Does she like sweet thin strawberry wine? I can include a bottle or two of that if she's into it.

actually she only likes dry, dry, dry, dry, dry wines. but despite my big manly persona, i like sweet stuff and strawberries are tops in my book.
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

C_dubbs said:

Lakewood said:

C_dubbs said:

actually she only likes dry, dry, dry, dry, dry wines. but despite my big manly persona, i like sweet stuff and strawberries are tops in my book.

Ha. Good enough.
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    Not nearly often enough, but then again being the only drinker under our roof and not having any bromances living nearby I always have plenty of beer. I don't often brew in the middle of summer. Working outside all day leaves me seeking AC on the weekends. Spring and fall are ideal. Winter isn't terrible around here.
    Sign here______________________________
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    hahahahahahahaha.....

:(
  • ThymThym
    :((
  • C_BC_B
    Nice call back FZ. Well played.
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    Zombie post reanimation. Well, to stay on topic... I'll be brewing again sometime in the next month or so and then it will be at least once a year for the sour solera.
    Sign here______________________________
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle

Zombie post reanimation. Well, to stay on topic... I'll be brewing again sometime in the next month or so and then it will be at least once a year for the sour solera.

I thought about maybe planning to make a plan to brew. I need some kegs.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • ThymThym

Stop by my place, clean them all and you can take half of them.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Lakewood said:

I'll get right on that...
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • ceanntceannt
    Lakewood said:

That would be a heck of a deal... if you didn't have 74,192 kegs... and weren't on the other side of the continent
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    ceannt said:

Lakewood said:

That would be a heck of a deal... if you didn't have 74,192 kegs... and weren't on the other side of the continent

I think if he only had one keg is would be a worse deal.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • ThymThym

ceannt said:

Lakewood said:

I think if he only had one keg is would be a worse deal.

This.
  • ThymThym
    It would probably be worth a plane ticket for 37000 kegs
  • ceanntceannt
    Lakewood said:

but not worth cleaning 37000 kegs.....
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    ceannt said:

Lakewood said:

but not worth cleaning 37000 kegs.....

Yes it would be. Because that's a lot of kegs.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • N_ClarkN_Clark
    I brew when we blow out one of the two kegs. Unfortunately I get excited about brewing but don't drink much beer at home so the two kegs have been sitting half full for some time. I drink wine and spirits and home. When I'm out I always love to see what new beer is on tap and try that.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    N_Clark said:

I brew when we blow out one of the two kegs. Unfortunately I get excited about brewing but don't drink much beer at home so the two kegs have been sitting half full for some time. I drink wine and spirits and home. When I'm out I always love to see what new beer is on tap and try that.

i'd be very willing to help you with that problem if you lived closer.