NHC 2013
  • morsmors
    So I'll be going to the NHC in Philly this year. Anyone else going? I'll be carpooling there from MI with 3 buddies and the girlfriend (who is also a homebrewer).

Last year in Seattle was my first NHC. I had a blast. I also learned quite a bit at the seminars and speaking with all the homebrew 'celebs'.

Anyone in the area know of any good breweries we should stop at on the way? We'll basically be covering the entrie span of the southern half of the state of PA.
    BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
    Cicerone Certified Beer Server
    AHA Member
    CRAFT Homebrew Club
    Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
    HBT "mors"
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I have no idea, but I love how you justified the girlfriend as a home brewer. :-)) Nothing about the other buddies, who are really into scrap booking.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    victory is in philly!
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    and when is it? my good friend is dating a girl in philly and i might just be able to convince him to go on a road trip for that. B-)
  • ThymThym

and when is it? my good friend is dating a girl in philly and i might just be able to convince him to go on a road trip for that. B-)

June 27-29

i believe it's sold out already. I should have posted the registration info.

as far as beer in the area, it's not a brewery, but go to Monk's. It's the best beer selection you have ever witnessed.... trust me.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

June 27-29

i believe it's sold out already.

well then, screw it. i'll just ban pants in my house for that weekend and drink my own dang beer.
  • ThymThym
    registration just opened yesterday. sold out FAST!
  • scoobscoob
    Lakewood said:

They need a bigger venue then....
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

Lakewood said:

They need a bigger venue then....

they said they expanded for this year too.
  • morsmors
    Yes the Venue this year was 105% bigger than last year. It hasn't been on the East coast in a number of years so there was pent up demand. It sold out in 20 hours. The other buddies brew beer...but my girlfriend brews more than them...but not as much as me... They might be into scrap booking. I'll have to ask.

Thanks for the Monk's Cafe suggestion. I have def heard about that one and will need to go there.
    AHA Member
    CRAFT Homebrew Club
    HBT "mors"
  • ThymThym
    Make sure you bring back lots of pictures. I'd love to see a few pictures inside monks, maybe a shot of the beer list! It's been a while since I've been back there.
  • ceanntceannt
    If you go anywhere near State College .... stop at a basement bar called Zeno's ......
    Awesome selection on tap ....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • morsmors
    I'll try and remember to take pics!

ceannt said:

If you go anywhere near State College .... stop at a basement bar called Zeno's ......
    Awesome selection on tap ....

Looks like that is a bit further north than we'll probably be.
    AHA Member
    CRAFT Homebrew Club
    HBT "mors"