Mead Swap
  • Ace_ClubAce_Club
    I've my Blackberry Melomel bottled up, and I'm going to be bottling my Sour Cherry Riesling Pyment soon (I've been saying that for the past year).

I'd like to send some bottles out in trade for other meads so that I can get some tastes of other kinds.

Anybody up for this?
  • ThymThym
    i, sadly, have no mead to swap.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i'm up for trading for sure.
    available for trade
    asian pear melomel
    cyser
    regular dry mead
    there's more, but i'm far too drunk to remember
  • Ace_ClubAce_Club
    Frydog, I'll try and get this pyment bottled in the next couple of weeks. Then I'll repost and we can arrange a trade.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    sounds good to me. just let me know.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I have my second and most likely my final mead, a elderberry methylglyn. I'd be up to trade.
  • Ace_ClubAce_Club
    Benvarine said:

I have my second and most likely my final mead, a elderberry methylglyn. I'd be up to trade.

Not a mead fan? Why are you stopping?
  • scoobscoob
    Lakewood said:

Same here, want to make some, just never have.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

Lakewood said:

Same here, want to make some, just never have.

a mead will likely be my next brew. just need to find a good price on an lot of honey
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    I have one that's I should bottle soon... I don't know when I'll get around to that to be honest.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Ace_Club said:

Benvarine said:

Yea, not much of a fan. Only turned out okay, and I don't know if I've had a really good one. Fry apparently makes good ones, but never tried his, just a cyser. It was good. I've switched my focus to sour beers.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Benvarine said:

Ace_Club said:

Benvarine said:

Yea, not much of a fan. Only turned out okay, and I don't know if I've had a really good one. Fry apparently makes good ones, but never tried his, just a cyser. It was good. I've switched my focus to sour beers.

the flavors of mead are not for everyone. then when you get one that tastes phenomenal.......good luck recreating it.

fermented honey almost always throws off a minerallyness that can take some getting used to.
  • ThymThym
    mineral flavors arent a problem for me. but i've had some mead that tasted like rubbing alcohol before. thats whack.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    yeah, i've made plenty that taste like that. they just need more age. sometimes years more!
  • FuzzyFuzzy

yeah, i've made plenty that taste like that. they just need more age. sometimes years more!

The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i do!