When I was smokeless tobacco user Copenhagen was my choice
  • jlwjlw
    I haven't had a dip of sniff since August 1998 though.
  • C_BC_B
    I bounced around alot. At first it was Kodiak or Skoal wintergreen. Then it was Cope long cut through the first year of college. After that I moved on to Grizzly Straight. Chewed that for a while. I quit cold turkey in the winter of 2008. One day I just set it down and never went back. Still think about it daily though. Its probably a good thing I haven't picked up hardcore drugs as I might have an addictive nature...
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • jlwjlw
    Same with me cold turkey one day. Still crave cope when I'm driving or working in the garden stuff like that.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    I really like Skoal "strait". I think it's their floor sweepings, it has lots of none tobacco flavors in it. It's good with mt. due and a slim jim.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • C_BC_B
    jlw said:

Same with me cold turkey one day. Still crave cope when I'm driving or working in the garden stuff like that.

The worst for me is anytime I'm running equipment. Especially working ground. I don't know why...
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    C_dubbs said:

jlw said:

The worst for me is anytime I'm running equipment. Especially working ground. I don't know why...

I was more of a cig'ima'butt smoker, but still it is odd what causes the cravings.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • C_BC_B

C_dubbs said:

jlw said:

I was more of a cig'ima'butt smoker, but still it is odd what causes the cravings.

Yes it is. I'll jump on the mower and out of the blue my mouth will actually start to water. Like I smell a good steak or something.
  • ceanntceannt
    Never did the snuff thing .... but back in the late 70s I went through a lot of Red Man .....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • jlwjlw
    ceannt said:

Never did the snuff thing .... but back in the late 70s I went through a lot of Red Man .....

I chewed Red Man and a few others as well. I miss chew too.
  • ceanntceannt
    jlw said:

ceannt said:

I chewed Red Man and a few others as well. I miss chew too.

every now and then... I miss it a lot
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    ceannt said:

You're talking about the wet snuff I amuse, not nasal snuff. The nasal snuff is quite nice and quite nasty in it's own way... but it sure helped me quite smoking.... damn every time I post on this thread I really want a damn smoke. I think I might go raid so really old stale butts in the ashtray of my car... like I did last night.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    snorting tobacco seems so damn crazy to me
  • ceanntceannt
    We used to call the nasal stuff "scotch snuff" never got the hang of it .... just sneezed like crazy ..
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    ceannt said:

We used to call the nasal stuff "scotch snuff" never got the hang of it .... just sneezed like crazy ..

Scotch snuff is peat smoked. Lost of American snuff is "scotch".
    With really dry stuff you want to be really careful. Use about an apple seed sized pinch (at most). The idea it to coat the inside of your nostril with out getting much back into your sinus. Pinch it with your finger and slowly open as you inhale gently. It takes some practice.

snorting tobacco seems so damn crazy to me

It was really cool in 1860. In fact it was seen as a luxury idem and was the first tobacco to be taxed. 20cents a pound or something, I don't think it's gone up since.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • jlwjlw
    Never tried nasal snuff.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    jlw said:

Never tried nasal snuff.

it sounds like torture.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews

jlw said:

Never tried nasal snuff.

it sounds like torture.

this.
    like those idiotic kids who put vodka in their eyes.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle

jlw said:

Never tried nasal snuff.

it sounds like torture.

this.

No, it's nothing like that. It's like taking a sip of whiskey. If you've an idiotic kid it hurts, if you're not it can be quite enjoyable.

And who and why does anyone put booze in their eye?
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews

jlw said:

Never tried nasal snuff.

it sounds like torture.

this.

No, it's nothing like that. It's like taking a sip of whiskey. If you've an idiotic kid it hurts, if you're not it can be quite enjoyable.

idiotic kids think it gets them mega super drunk or something. some perturbation of liquid acid in the eyes (which does actually work, but stings like shit)
    its called "vodka eyeballing"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodka_eyeballing
  • ThymThym

jlw said:

Never tried nasal snuff.

it sounds like torture.

this.

idiotic kids think it gets them mega super drunk or something. some perturbation of liquid acid in the eyes (which does actually work, but stings like shit)

wow. thats dumb.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • jlwjlw
    Lakewood said:

jlw said:

Never tried nasal snuff.

it sounds like torture.

this.

wow. thats dumb.

you don't do this every morning before breakfast? It's how I get it going each day.
  • ThymThym
    jlw said:

Lakewood said:

jlw said:

Never tried nasal snuff.

it sounds like torture.

this.

wow. thats dumb.

you don't do this every morning before breakfast? It's how I get it going each day.

not even funny
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • I dated a girl in college that dipped. We when out for about three hours.