How to fix a tight drawing cigar
  • jlwjlw
    Sometimes you will get a cigar that is rolled too tight. Usually this occurs with inexperienced people rolling the cigar. When this happens it just sucks the enjoyment out of the cigar. There are two fixes, well kind of three but two that you can control.

First, over time the cigar will loosen up as the heat gets to the filler, but this happens slowly and may not loosen completely up until the cigar is in the last third.

Second option is to gently roll the cigar between your fingers kind of squishing the cigar as you roll it. Eventually the cigar will loosen up but sometimes doesn't happen until the 1/2 point.

Third, and now my favorite option. I use a tooth pick to slide into the middle of the cigar from the mouth end with open the cigar up immediately. I have had to do this a couple of times to completely open it up but it works well. You can also use a paper clip in a bind.
  • ThymThym
    I've had to do that before. Most recently I remeber using a nail, because it was handy.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    I have the drawpoker tool, basically a long piece of music wire on a guide, set the cigar in the device, slide the poker thing in, I suppose it works, never used it. Only time I had a poor draw I used a long wood skewer, too much work to dig out a specialty tool that rarely gets used.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    Huh. I didn't know this problem was even possible. Now I know the remedy.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    C_dubbs said:

Huh. I didn't know this problem was even possible. Now I know the remedy.

Rip it up really fine and make cigarettes out of it?
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i used to use those really thin shishkabob skewers, the bamboo ones, to poke all the way through the see-gar for this. worked great.