Pabst Blue Ribbon
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    Tonight I stumbled upon a beer I was unfamiliar with. A brewery known as Pabst offering a "Blue Ribbon" beer was too tempting for me to pass up. Apparently, this beer was selected as "America's Best" in 1844.

Appearance: Golden, crystal clear, good head that quickly dissipates.

Aroma: Light and crisp. There is definite corn aromas, but not off-putting

Taste: While there is some definite corn taste, I can detect a toasted flavor from the malt, along with a surprising (although subtle) fruitiness reminiscent of bananas. This is a different fruitiness than what one would experience from a warm-fermented ale. It is much more crisp.

Drinkability: Very drinkable. I was able to quaff 6 of them from the beer-bong without stopping to breathe.

Overall impression: Crisp, clean, and easy to quaff. For the style of Light Lager (what other style is there?), I would give it a 4.7 out of 5.0.

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• C_BC_B
    This is good. I should try this beer again.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    this is by far the most thought out and complete tasting review we've had on this site... somewhat disconcerting.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • Ace_ClubAce_Club
    PBR? I love this beer!
  • ceanntceannt
    I just spilled coffee on my keyboard ..
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    curly you so crazy.

The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    One of the most popular styles, yet so little talk about it. I wish some "craft breweries" did some light lagers. A 8% lager with lots of corn is damn good, yet hard to find... in fact I've only had one because I brewed it.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio