Deschutes Jubelale
  • ThymThym
    A fantastically clean flavor profile for a beer dominated by malt and fruity yeast esters. This beer is complexity at it's finest. Flavors evolve with every sip, a fruity berry like nose, with a malty front flavor rounding out to a mild Belgian strong ale ester and finishing with a slight hop bitterness. If you drink a glass slowly sipping it you will experience a different beer each time as it warms slightly and the dominant flavors shift from the malt to the esters.

I bought a 5gal keg of this stuff on a whim. I consider it a find and will savor each glass.

The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ThymThym
    fantastic... as i hit ctrl-enter to post this i spilled this very beer all over the keyboard...
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

fantastic... as i hit ctrl-enter to post this i spilled this very beer all over the keyboard...

ahhh, classic. i don't think i've seen anything from this brewery around here. i'll keep my eyes out though.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ThymThym

Lakewood said:

ahhh, classic. i don't think i've seen anything from this brewery around here. i'll keep my eyes out though.

they are pretty widely distributed, you should be able to find something form them, if not this.
    Mirror Pond is a great IPA.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

Lakewood said:

they are pretty widely distributed, you should be able to find something form them, if not this.
    Mirror Pond is a great IPA.

hmm, maybe binny's will have it. they're not really near me, but if i were in the neighborhood i could make a special stop.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    nope, just checked.
  • ThymThym

nope, just checked.

surprising.

BTW they make a fantistic Porter called Black Butte. Even Fry likes it.
  • jlwjlw
    Lakewood said:

that must have been one emphatic ctrl+enter
  • ThymThym
    jlw said:

Lakewood said:

that must have been one emphatic ctrl+enter

it was a crtl+enter and sip finale on a full glass. two things you don't do together