Things I have always wanted to brew but have never gotten around to
  • ceanntceannt
    In no particular order…..

Belgian Golden/strong Ale:

With nothing but a lot of Pilsner Malt and table sugar. The challenge is mashing for attenuation. Just enough Saaz hops to balance. Have to use very soft water to pull this off. Mash low (148) for a couple hours, and use 150 degree sparge water, let it convert all the way to the boil.

Heather/Honey Ale

The Pictish classic: Golden Promise Malt, a little roasted barley, honey and heather tips. No hops. This has been “on deck” many times…. And put off… again and again….

Breakfast Beer:

A Brown Porter with Rauch Malt for base malt, a lot of oatmeal…. with maple syrup and cold brewed coffee added after fermentation slows down. This just appeals to me for some twisted reason.

Mai-Bock IPA

Typical Mai-Bock grain bill, but Perle hops for bittering and about 6-ounces of Spalt hops added from 15-minutes to flame out. What can I say… I like Spalt hops.

Hot pepper IPA

A “hop bomb” of Centennial and Cascades with roasted hot peppers. Yes, I’m a sick bastard….

Scottish Stout

Golden Promise base malt and oatmeal… maybe 50/50 split with chocolate malt and roasted barley. Just enough Fuggles hops to balance, bittering addition only. No idea why I have not brewed this yet…

Barleywine Parti-gyle:

A true “dragon’s milk”, October beer… nothing but a huge amount of Maris Otter, using the first runnings for strike water in another mash…. No sparge. Very, very high O.G. (use second runnings from both mashes to make a “small beer”) Only thing that has stopped me on this one is the time involved….

Bourchet
    Burnt honey Mead….

Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Hot pepper IPA

A “hop bomb” of Centennial and Cascades with roasted hot peppers. Yes, I’m a sick bastard….

i have tried to make these, and drank at least a dozen of them from other craft breweries.
    something about the combo of the peppers and hops taste just like vomit to me. gross. gross. gross.
  • ceanntceannt

Hot pepper IPA

i have tried to make these, and drank at least a dozen of them from other craft breweries.
    something about the combo of the peppers and hops taste just like vomit to me. gross. gross. gross.

So... maybe its a good thing I haven't got around to this one?
  • scoobscoob
    ceannt said:

Hot pepper IPA

So... maybe its a good thing I haven't got around to this one?

I have had the chili beer from up in cave creek AZ, it was ok, then the heat hits, and yes there was a bit of bile taste to it....
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    Now a chipotle porter is pretty damned good!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ceanntceannt
    All of the "pepper beers" I have ever brewed were very low on hops.... all were really good... so maybe I'll scratch the hoppy pepper beer off my list....
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    On my want to do list is a beer of all home grown hops and grain. I planted some winter barley, so this might happen... If I can malt it with out growing a big mold ball.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio