• scoobscoob
    10 eggs separated
    1/3 cup superfine or powdered sugar
    1 quart heavy cream
    1 750ml bottle VS or VSOP cognac
    1&1/2 cups dark rum
    2 cups milk
    Freshly ground nutmeg

Beat the egg whites and sugar till foamy, almost to the soft peak stage, in another bowl beat the yolks till they fall from the beater in a thick bright yellow ribbon,

Add the whites to the yolks and combine with an electric mixer till nicely combined... 3-4 minutes,

In your serving bowl, beat the heavy cream till it just barely holds soft peaks, with mixer running at medium speed add the cognac, rum, eggs, and milk, grate some nutmeg on the nog and refrigerate 4 hours or longer, if the nog seems to be thicker on top than the bottom after chilling, gently stir before serving, top each glass poured with a dusting of fresh nutmeg before drinking.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    This sounds amazing.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    i dont see where you add the eggs to the heavy cream mixture..
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    this is the recipe i use, it's Alton Brown's.

Ingredients
    4 egg yolks
    1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
    1 pint whole milk
    1 cup heavy cream
    3 ounces bourbon
    1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
    4 egg whites*
    Directions
    In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.

Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.

Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.

Cook's Note: For cooked eggnog, follow procedure below.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Set aside.

In a medium saucepan, over high heat, combine the milk, heavy cream and nutmeg and bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Then return everything to the pot and cook until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F. Remove from the heat, stir in the bourbon, pour into a medium mixing bowl, and set in the refrigerator to chill.

In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. With the mixer running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Whisk the egg whites into the chilled mixture.
  • scoobscoob
    Lakewood said:

i dont see where you add the eggs to the heavy cream mixture..

It's right when you add the cognac etc, I edited it back in
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Here's mine:
    1. Go to store.
    2. Find refrigerated section.
    3. Choose store brand on sale. Check expiration date.
    4. Walk through liquor isle, grab Yukon Jack.
    5. Stuff both down your pants and quickly walk out the door.
    6. Combine egg nog and whiskey in old milk jug behind store, shake to mix.
    7. Consume straight from the jug at a rate as to not let temperature get too warm.
    8. Star in YouTube video of bum fights.

Merry X-Mas Bitches!

C_BJayrizzleThym
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i thought i recognized you in one of those bum fights.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Vanilla is important.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio