Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
  • ceanntceannt
    By request......

My daughter came up with this one. It is brain dead easy to fix, and is really yummy on a chilly day. It’s also good for days when there are more important things to be concerned about than cooking… like brewing… football…. Etc….

2-cans cream of chicken soup
    1- “box” of chicken stock
    3-4 chicken breasts (NOT frozen)
    1-bag of frozen mixed vegetables (doesn’t matter what kind, but “HAS to have peas and carrots”…)
    black pepper, coarse ground of course
    some dried onion flakes
    a little dried parsley
    just a touch of thyme
    1 “roll” tube of biscuits (I think 2 rolls would be better myself, but it’s her recipe)

Add all ingredients except the biscuits to slow cooker, cook on high for 4-hours.
    Remove chicken breasts, shred them up good and stir back into crock pot. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
    Open the biscuits and cut up into quarter sized pieces (maybe a tad smaller), and place on top.
    Continue to cook on high for an additional 2 hours or so.
    Spoon some in a bowl and chow down.
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • ThymThym
    Interesting. So the biscuits cook in there?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    Lakewood said:

Interesting. So the biscuits cook in there?

yep....
  • ThymThym
    Sounds good. I'll have to see if we still have a working crock pot... Or if my wife has destroyed it yet.
  • ceanntceannt
    we have two crock pots..... I don't let my wife touch one of them.... bad ju ju...
  • ThymThym
    ceannt said:

we have two crock pots..... I don't let my wife touch one of them.... bad ju ju...

good call.
  • scoobscoob
    Another recipe to make at it cools off here, I use my crock pots all the time, I'm up to three of em in varying sizes. And since I love chicken and dumplings, this one is high on the list!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    instead of chicken breasts i am going to use a whole guinea fowl that i have in the freezer. she was being a bad bird and my buddies farm, so i killed her and plucked her!
  • C_BC_B
    Wifey put this one together today. It looks fantastic. In fact, it's ready now.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    CB said:

aaaannnnddd????
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

CB said:

aaaannnnddd????

As delicious as it sounds. I'm stuffed.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I'm going to try with some pheasants I shot in SD. Sounds great and easy.