• C_BC_B
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Commercial Beer Review/Discussion.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Nectar IPA is a damn fine brew.
    i had thought for a long time it was some fruit ale or something because it doesn't say IPA in large print on the six pack holder, but has a big picture of a hummingbird.

turns out, its crazy delicious.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    so this is what we are doing now? ok. but somebody should have mentioned it! i don't catch on quick......you know this, man!
  • C_BC_B

so this is what we are doing now? ok. but somebody should have mentioned it! i don't catch on quick......you know this, man!

@frydogbrews We're doing this now. We just started today.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    what's the brewery?
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    i've seen the hemp ale at my local shop, i'll have to keep an eye out for the ipa.
  • ThymThym
    interesting, they are part of the firestone-walker brewing company at this point.

says on the website that the hemp ale is available only in california due to legal restrictions... FZ, when did you move to cali?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

interesting, they are part of the firestone-walker brewing company at this point.

says on the website that the hemp ale is available only in california due to legal restrictions... FZ, when did you move to cali?

yesterday? it's been at my local shop for a long while now.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    i've never tried it, due to the fact that i'm not a dirty hippy.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    but i did have a conversation about hemp seeds in beer with a homebrew shop cashier many years ago. he said they add kind of a nuttyness that's fairly unique.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i have had 2 or 3 hemp ales, and they were all awful. like "wow.....this is straight gimmick" awful
  • ThymThym

i have had 2 or 3 hemp ales, and they were all awful. like "wow.....this is straight gimmick" awful

that's what i would expect.
  • jlwjlw

i tried a hemp ipa once probably brewed by rougue or something and it was nasty.
  • ThymThym
    jlw said:

i tried a hemp ipa once probably brewed by rougue or something and it was nasty.

I've never tried it, but I do think that rogue has one they brew.