Good new/bad news scenario
  • jlwjlw
    The good news is I won't have to worry about kegging my hefe. The bad news is all 5 gallons are in the bottom of the ferm chamber.

I have no idea what happened. When I opened it up and saw I just walked away until I'm a little less pissed.

I guess the other good news is it's contained inthe ferm chamber.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    :O
  • jlwjlw

:O

That was my exact reaction. Took me a good minute to process.
  • ceanntceannt
    Aaaahhhhhhh........

!
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    jlw said:

The good news is I won't have to worry about kegging my hefe. The bad news is all 5 gallons are in the bottom of the ferm chamber.

I have no idea what happened. When I opened it up and saw I just walked away until I'm a little less pissed.

I guess the other good news is it's contained inthe ferm chamber.

quick, grab a straw! at least you can get a taste before you clean it up.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    My last hefe drained itself out of the kegerator onto the garage floor. Both kegs.

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• jlwjlw
    Here's a pic
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 866K
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    boooo!
  • C_BC_B
    WTF....
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Actually the bottom of my keezer looks like that but it from condensation, like 3 months of condensation, mixing with the little bits of rust that are on the floor. the water is realy starting to stink, i need to clean it out.
  • C_BC_B

Actually the bottom of my keezer looks like that but it from condensation, like 3 months of condensation, mixing with the little bits of rust that are on the floor. the water is realy starting to stink, i need to clean it out.

Meh. Drop a little bleach up in there. I'm sure it'll be fine.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • FuzzyFuzzy

shop vac.
  • jlwjlw
    Think I'm going to siphon the beer out and then wash down. Guess ill do that tomorrow.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    use the liquid as strike water. make an imperial hefe.
  • scoobscoob
    Wow, that's shitty there bud!

I assume that's a bottling/ferm bucket with a spigot?

Switch to better bottles and use a syphon to rack to your kegs, no spigot means no beer leaking out.

That's what cats are for, opening taps and dumping beer that way.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    no bueno. sorry to hear about the accident.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    Found better bottles on amazon for 24 dollars, 8 shipping, not too bad compaired to my old LHBS pricing, I might get a couple more myself.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • jlwjlw
    All cleaned up. The valve sheared off. I can only guess that it happened when I put it in the freezer. What's weird, is I would think I would have noticed gushing beer coming out of the hole. Also, I know I checked it at least once during the first few days of fermentation to make sure everything was ok.
  • ThymThym
    jlw said:

All cleaned up. The valve sheared off. I can only guess that it happened when I put it in the freezer. What's weird, is I would think I would have noticed gushing beer coming out of the hole. Also, I know I checked it at least once during the first few days of fermentation to make sure everything was ok.

Gremlins!
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    jlw said:

Ouch .....
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    jlw said:

have you done something to really piss off your wife lately? =((

C_B
  • ceanntceannt
    She wouldn't do that .... she is really nice ....

She would have been way more subtle ....
  • scoobscoob
    ceannt said:

The Christmas story leg lamp breaking scene just ran through my head
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ceanntceannt
    scoob said:

ceannt said:

The Christmas story leg lamp breaking scene just ran through my head

Ha! See what I mean ... way more subtle ...