Beer ignorant.
  • C_BC_B
    So a guy here at work finds out I homebrew. This was our conversation in the locker room.

Him: So you make your own beer?
    Me: Yep.
    Him: You should bring some of that in so I can try it, see if it's any good.
    Me: (unimpressed with the direction of this conversation) Yeah, I'll get right on that.
    Him: Make sure you triple the hops in my stuff though.
    Me: (What, am I taking orders now???) Oh? You like hops? Have you had any Stone? Founders? Sierra Navada?
    Him: No.
    Me: Oh. What do you normally drink?
    Him: Usually Budweiser.
    Me: (stares blankly at him for an awkward moment, then walk away)
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • scoobscoob
    Sounds like he is quite the beer aficionado
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    Give him an IPA and tell him you will have to triple the hops for him on the next batch.

Then watch his face implode on the first sip
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ceanntceannt
    I have had similar conversations.....
    My favorite was ..... you don't brew lagers do you? I don't like lagers .. I just drink bud light ..
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • scoobscoob
    ceannt said:

My favorite was ..... you don't brew lagers do you? I don't like lagers .. I just drink bud light ..

Ha!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    ceannt said:

Ha!
  • C_BC_B
    azscoob said:

Give him an IPA and tell him you will have to triple the hops for him on the next batch.

When he said "triple the hops" I thought that meant that he has had some craft beer and maybe liked the hoppy stuff. So I asked about Stone and Sierra Nevada. I was mistaken.
  • C_BC_B
    I'm going to bait him a bit more, see if I can get any other stupidness to roll off his tongue.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    C_dubbs said:

azscoob said:

When he said "triple the hops" I thought that meant that he has had some craft beer and maybe liked the hoppy stuff. So I asked about Stone and Sierra Nevada. I was mistaken.

Could be the super clever ad campaign miller lite had out last year, where they touted they added hops three times during their process. Nothing like a little fancy marketing without changing a damn thing. Miller must be triple hopped, so go out and grab one and be prepared to pucker after your first sip.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i do love making fun of people, but come on, we all started there. except for ceannt, who was around before A-B existed....
  • FuzzyFuzzy

i do love making fun of people, but come on, we all started there.

which is why we come here to laugh at them instead of saying it to their face.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    my coworker: you make your own beer?
    me: yup.
    coworker: so how long does it take, like 15 minutes?
    me: ....?
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    For some reason, I've run into a lot of people who think hops "is where the alcohol comes from." I bet that's what the guy thought. I get tired of correcting people.

My favorite conversation wa this:

"You brew beer? I like good beer, not cheap stuff"

"Cool. What are your favorites?"

"I like all kinds; Heineken, Rolling Rock, You know. High end beer."

"Yep. Those are good. I can't brew as good as those guys." (This way I don't have to watch him grimace trying my beers that aren't a light lager)

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• C_BC_B

i do love making fun of people, but come on, we all started there. except for ceannt, who was around before A-B existed....

You are correct.
  • C_BC_B

i do love making fun of people, but come on, we all started there.

which is why we come here to laugh at them instead of saying it to their face.

This also.
  • C_BC_B
    I love talking about beer with someone with an open mind. Asking me to bring in some to taste to "see if its any good" like you're some authority on good beer then not know of the three breweries I referenced and then saying you drink mostly Budweiser.... That's a good way to get judged and demeaned. Rubbed me wrong....
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    as well it should.

couple years ago i brewed a light lager with ZERO flavor and took it to a work xmas party. this hoosier dudes wife drank some and said "wow, you do know how to brew. that tastes like store bought"

i laughed heartily on the inside. stupid hoosiers.