Adding to the Marketplace
  • ThymThym
    This is more or less just a general probe inquiry. I'm trying to figure out what would be of most value to the home brewing community in terms of items that may be able to be added to the marketplace.

Obviously items that are easy/inexpensive to ship are going to be of the most interest. Let me know what you frequently have a need for or stuff that might be hard to find in your area.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    All ingredients really, that would be higher volume stuff... But I doubt that's what you are looking for.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ceanntceannt
    Bottle caps?.... hbf logo perhaps?

C_BJayrizzle
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • C_BC_B
    ceannt said:

Oh yes. I don't use that many bottle caps, but I would definitely buy some of these.
  • ThymThym
    ceannt said:

interesting, i'll look into that
  • ThymThym
    C_dubbs said:

All ingredients really, that would be higher volume stuff... But I doubt that's what you are looking for.

im not sure i could compete. But i'll see how good of a deal i can work.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    fantasy/science fiction books that have sub-plots dealing with brewing beer.

i can think of two just off the top of my head, although one of that has yet to be published but will be soon!
  • ThymThym

fantasy/science fiction books that have sub-plots dealing with brewing beer.

i can think of two just off the top of my head, although one of that has yet to be published but will be soon!

ok. is there anything that will be coming back to support the site? servers dont run on love.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I like the caps. I'm bottling more beer for storage and aging. Growler coozie or growler cooler. Pint glass coozie. Bottle opener, we talked about quality before. Beer glasses, but not pint. They are expensive and shipping sucks I'm sure. Coasters. I received some guitar pics from Lagunitas with their logo, cool but sort of out of the box for brewing. If I think of more I'll chime in.
  • ThymThym
    Benvarine said:

I like the caps. I'm bottling more beer for storage and aging. Growler coozie or growler cooler. Pint glass coozie. Bottle opener, we talked about quality before. Beer glasses, but not pint. They are expensive and shipping sucks I'm sure. Coasters. I received some guitar pics from Lagunitas with their logo, cool but sort of out of the box for brewing. If I think of more I'll chime in.

All great ideas.

If you guys were going to buy bottle caps, what kind of volume would you want to buy them in? 10's at a time? 100's at a time? Doesn't have be exact just trying to get a sense of it.
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

Benvarine said:

All great ideas.

If you guys were going to buy bottle caps, what kind of volume would you want to buy them in? 10's at a time? 100's at a time? Doesn't have be exact just trying to get a sense of it.

100 ct.
  • ceanntceannt
    Lakewood said:

Benvarine said:

All great ideas.

100... minimum
    If a good deal can be had in bulk..... then so much the better
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Yea, it takes around 50 for a 5g batch if you bottle all, so 100 minimum I would think.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Benvarine said:

Yea, it takes around 50 for a 5g batch if you bottle all, so 100 minimum I would think.

yeesh. i'm glad i reuse caps. i haven't bought any that didn't come with beer in a looong while.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • BenvarineBenvarine

Benvarine said:

yeesh. i'm glad i reuse caps. i haven't bought any that didn't come with beer in a looong while.

That is freakin nuts, caps are cheap and are disposable.
  • ThymThym
    Benvarine said:

Benvarine said:

at least, they're supposed to be disposable.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Benvarine said:

Benvarine said:

they're free and re-usable if you have the right bottle opener.
  • C_BC_B

Benvarine said:

Benvarine said:

they're free and re-usable if you have the right bottle opener and are the cheapest person ever.

This is true.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews

Benvarine said:

Benvarine said:

they're free and re-usable if you have the right bottle opener.

as long as that re-use is flicking them at dogs or lining a tabletop with them....you are right.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    make this happen.

• BenvarineBenvarine
    Yes. Put that in market place
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    they spelled meters wrong. prolly have to get @beereagle to send them across the pond to us.
  • morsmors
    I would be more interested in corks than caps... I only bottle beers for competition and when I do I need blank caps...so no logo caps for me. What about things like tin signs, decorative mash paddles, etc to hang in the home bar?
    BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
    Cicerone Certified Beer Server
    AHA Member
    CRAFT Homebrew Club
    Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
    HBT "mors"
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Yes, tin signs. @frydogbrews can make the mash paddles and custom turned tap handles. I'll take a paddle and two tap handles, get on it. And @lakewood, I hope the boy is insured, it's cold here and if he's left on the porch it's bound to result in a claim.
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    What about a small notebook printed to be a brewing log. Ingredient line, Gravities, general "notes", etc. Just a thought. I like things like that.

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• CurlyFatCurlyFat
    Oh, and a big ditto on tap handles.

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B