Share the history of your screen name?
  • C_BC_B
    Mine started with chandlerbang. That was a high school nickname because Friends was popular at the time.

That unofficially turned into CB, so I changed it to SeaBee because it seemed funny at the time. (I was drunk)

Then I went to CB because SeaBee was stupid. However, CB is too short to get notifications so I moved on....

C_Dubbs (drunk again) needs to get changed. But I'm not sure what to.

What's the story with your screen name?
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    College. They got the name from Ben Vereen, the actor, singer... Changed the spelling and combined it.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    wow, i thought your name was all "snikt snikt" wolverine based!
  • C_BC_B
    Benvarine said:

College. They got the name from Ben Vereen, the actor, singer... Changed the spelling and combined it.

Are you an amazing black performer?
  • scoobscoob
    Back in the day I owned an old beat to hell subaru wagon winter beater, later on I owned a modded out Subaru wrx, my dear niece started calling me uncle soob because of those cars, this morphed into uncle Scoob, I was signing up on an automotive forum and my chosen screen name was not available, so I tried Scoob, that was taken, so I added AZ to it and signed up.

Rather than change it for other forums I just kept it to make things simple.

On recent forums My screen name is GrainReaper, I never bothered to change to that when HBF started up, figured people from Hbt migrating over here would recognize the azscoob name rather than a new name.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    I live in Lakewood. A bit pathetic, whatevs.

But my other super-sectret online identity can't be revealead, so I shall remain Lakewood. Maybe I'll change it to L_diggity.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    Too modest to use any nicknames .... chick magnet ..... luvhunk .... nimble tongue ....
    So just went with the original spelling of my last name ... Kent ....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Fry is my dog.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    ceannt said:

Too modest to use any nicknames .... chick magnet ..... luvhunk .... nimble tongue ....

Yea, most people call me Hung. Sometimes Bull, but that's more of a stage name.
  • ThymThym
    Benvarine said:

ceannt said:

it's always funny when people have ironic nicknames.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Bite me.
  • ThymThym
    :)
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

I live in Lakewood. A bit pathetic, whatevs.

But my other super-sectret online identity can't be revealead, so I shall remain Lakewood. Maybe I'll change it to L_diggity.

TheTrashMan? Is that you?!?!?!?!

• C_BC_B
    Benvarine said:

ceannt said:

=))

Thym
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    C_dubbs said:

Benvarine said:

Are you an amazing black performer?

Yes, yes I am.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    mine is the meaning of my last name.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle

Fry is my dog.

does he like brews? I though that was more of Bender's game.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Well with me: I have a PhD in astrophysics and my name is Jarret Riger, so you know; I just mushed things, and there it is.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews

Fry is my dog.

he mostly likes Slurm, but he has been known to knock back a few from time to time.
  • C_BC_B

Well with me: I have a PhD in astrophysics and my name is Jarret Riger, so you know; I just mushed things, and there it is.

=))
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle

Fry is my dog.

he mostly likes Slurm, but he has been known to knock back a few from time to time.

Does he know that stuff is slug poop?
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • Well, mine is a little simple. It's two of the things I enjoy.
  • C_BC_B
    C_dubbs said:

Mine started with chandlerbang. That was a high school nickname because Friends was popular at the time.

That unofficially turned into CB, so I changed it to SeaBee because it seemed funny at the time. (I was drunk)

Then I went to CB because SeaBee was stupid. However, CB is too short to get notifications so I moved on....

Looking back at this, I have failed to change it. Meh.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    C_dubbs said:

C_dubbs said:

Looking back at this, I have failed to change it. Meh.

C_cup.
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    Uh. I drive a Grand Cherokee. Before that it was a Wrangler. Before that it was a Cherokee. Before that it was a different Cherokee. Before that it was a Grand Cherokee. Before that it was a skateboard/bicycle/rollerblades.

jlw
    Sign here______________________________
  • PBR4LIFEPBR4LIFE
    my screen name is easy I love me some PBR. My favorite beer right behind Budweiser and I like an occasional Coors.

themonstermasher
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    PBR4LIFE said:

my screen name is easy I love me some PBR. My favorite beer right behind Budweiser and I like an occasional Coors.

**==
  • PBR4LIFE said:

**==

Hell yeah America!

**==
  • 60minuteSamC60minuteSamC
    my name is sam and i made a beer with 60 minute in the name

frydogbrews
  • themonstermasherthemonstermasher
    Nothing epic here. I was drunk when I came up with this one. And judging by Christopher Walken, I'm too sober to change it now.

C_B
  • FuzzyFuzzy

Nothing epic here. I was drunk when I came up with this one. And judging by Christopher Walken, I'm too sober to change it now.

zing!
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    In highschool I had curly hair. And was fat. And curlyfat is a name that's never taken when I have to choose a username. Ever.

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• ThymThym
    CurlyFat said:

In highschool I had curly hair. And was fat. And curlyfat is a name that's never taken when I have to choose a username. Ever.

HAHA!! i just literally LOL'd.
  • ThymThym

Uh. I drive a Grand Cherokee. Before that it was a Wrangler. Before that it was a Cherokee. Before that it was a different Cherokee. Before that it was a Grand Cherokee. Before that it was a skateboard/bicycle/rollerblades.

so.... you like jeeps?
    Lakewood said:

so.... you like jeeps?

It's almost like I don't know anything else.
  • ThymThym
    I rented a jeep once. It was cool. Still preffer my 4-runner.
  • jlwjlw
    Speaking of jeeps I heard they no longer make a manual transmission for jeeps.
    jlw said:

If so, that is sad. I feel sure it is still offered in the wrangler. The drive by wire throttle makes it feel wonky though.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Lakewood said:

i was there for that!

except for a camaro i bought from a stripper a looong time ago, i have also only had jeeps
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews

jlw said:

If so, that is sad. I feel sure it is still offered in the wrangler. The drive by wire throttle makes it feel wonky though.

costs 5k extra when i bought my new wrangler. EXTRA for a manual. wtf?
  • ceanntceannt
    jlw said:

That may well be the stupidest decision of an auto manufacturing company since the Edsel .....
  • ceanntceannt
    I hate automatic transmissions with a purple passion
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    ceannt said:

i don't mind em at all. but jeeps should only be available as a manual. it's a jeep!
  • jlwjlw
    It's down right communist.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    ceannt said:

i hate them, but with torn cartilage in my left (clutch) knee and an added 5k to the cost. .....i now own an automatic, 4 door wrangler.
    i love it, for what that's worth. but i wish it was manual.
  • ThymThym

Lakewood said:

i was there for that!

except for a camaro i bought from a stripper a looong time ago, i have also only had jeeps

yes you were.
  • C_BC_B
    ceannt said:

jlw said:

That may well be the stupidest decision of an auto manufacturing company since the Edsel .....

Stupid decision to phase out a component on a vehicle that costs you more to maintain the particular design and the manufacturing processes it takes to support that option than you get paid from people purchasing vehicles outfitted with that option?
    America is stupid for being a bunch of pansies and driving automatics at the expense of reduced fuel economy, reduced transmission life and higher transmission repair cost. The auto companies are following the trends set by their consumers.
  • C_BC_B
    Sidebar... I prefer manuals. I wish my truck was a manual.
  • ceanntceannt
    C_dubbs said:

ceannt said:

jlw said:

Stupid decision to phase out a component on a vehicle that costs you more to maintain the particular design and the manufacturing processes it takes to support that option than you get paid from people purchasing vehicles outfitted with that option?
    America is stupid for being a bunch of pansies and driving automatics at the expense of reduced fuel economy, reduced transmission life and higher transmission repair cost. The auto companies are following the trends set by their consumers.

Don't forget ...... brake life is reduced in half... and autos have an annoying tendency to downshift for no reason when you are driving on ice causing you to loose traction and do 360s down the road ..
    C_dubbs said:

ceannt said:

jlw said:

Actually, you are gonna have to be a dang good driver to beat an auto for fuel economy in a manual these days. That technology has come a long ways. Driving feel has taken a hit across the board.
  • ThymThym

C_dubbs said:

ceannt said:

jlw said:

Actually, you are gonna have to be a dang good driver to beat an auto for fuel economy in a manual these days. That technology has come a long ways. Driving feel has taken a hit across the board.

depends a lot on the driving situations. in the city, with a lot of stops and starts, the manual is going to lose badly in the fuel economy and maintenance cost arena.

if it's long haul steady pace hwy driving, the manual wins generally... although there are automatics which can match manual performance by using torque converters that actually lock.

• BenvarineBenvarine
    Blah, blah, blah. How do ou text and drink coffee while having to shift a truck? I bought my first automatic, and first non-ford a few years back. Easy driving.
  • ThymThym
    I love automatic transmissions
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    ceannt said:

jlw said:

No trashing on the Edsel! Only Ford I'd ever drive.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    ceannt said:

C_dubbs said:

ceannt said:

jlw said:

Don't forget ...... brake life is reduced in half... and autos have an annoying tendency to downshift for no reason when you are driving on ice causing you to loose traction and do 360s down the road ..

I figured out why you hate them so much, you drive Fords.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • ceanntceannt

ceannt said:

C_dubbs said:

ceannt said:

jlw said:

I figured out why you hate them so much, you drive Fords.

only trucks..... sedans have always been Saabs, chevys or VWs....
  • Evan_BEvan_B
    Mine started when I was born.

Still waiting on the imagination to get here.
    Amigo, lay them raises down.
  • ThymThym
    Evan_B said:

Mine started when I was born.

Still waiting on the imagination to get here.

ha!
    Benvarine said:

Blah, blah, blah. How do ou text and drink coffee while having to shift a truck? I bought my first automatic, and first non-ford a few years back. Easy driving.

I broke my right hand on a fourwheeler and continued to drive my manual trans wrangler. Clutch and reach over with your left hand. If I can do that you can do whatever with both hands. If I have both hands I don't even need the clutch. That free foot doesn't help me out though.