Homebrew supply websites
  • C_BC_B
    I think we need a list. There are a lot of vendors out there and most of them are pretty good about one thing or another. Post up who you've bought from and a quick note about their prices, order turnaround, customer service and any other pertinent info. Please don't use this to rant about poor customer service, keep the comments concise. I'll add to this first post as you all add to it so we can get as much info as possible.

Austin HomeBrew Supply www.austinhomebrew.com
    Ordered several times when running sales and such when shipping was free over $100

Bargain Fittings www.bargainfittings.com
    Premium stuff at decent prices.

Brew Hardware www.brewhardware.com
    Love the sight glass. I could probably piece that stuff together locally for a bit cheaper, but this is way easier.

Rebel Brewer www.rebelbrewer.com
    Haven't ordered anything here yet, but the grain prices are reeling me in.

Midwest Supplies www.midwestsupplies.com

www.homebrewing.org
    I believe i ordered kegs from there when they were on sale a million years ago.

www.leeners.com
    I've gotten some qd's and stuff there. they have decent prices on *some* of their brewing stuff.

www.northernbrewer.com-pricey, but they have a good selection of grains.

www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com-they have great specials and the cheapest price on SS shanks that i could find.

*This is obviously an incomplete list. I'm adding sites as folks post them. The goal is to not have to filter through the entire thread to find all the options.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    I've only ordered from Rebel, and it has been great. Once they forgot a thing (I think it was a bottle of sanstar) on a big order. They fixed it really fast and were quite nice about it.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i still order quite a bit from midwestsupplies.com

shoudl we start another thread about hop purveyors or keep it here?
    i think with the speed that the great hops run out, we should have a hop thread that people can try to alert to as soon as they see hopsdirect.com or some other place put some stock out there.
    i missed a bunch of hops last year because i was a week and a half late!
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle

i still order quite a bit from midwestsupplies.com

shoudl we start another thread about hop purveyors or keep it here?
    i think with the speed that the great hops run out, we should have a hop thread that people can try to alert to as soon as they see hopsdirect.com or some other place put some stock out there.
    i missed a bunch of hops last year because i was a week and a half late!

That's a good idea. My magnums are very near harvest, so it can't be long until HD starts selling. Maybe a new thread is best of that and we can keep this one just general brew supplies... or not whatever.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    homebrewing.org-i believe i ordered kegs from there when they were on sale a million years ago.

leeners.com- i've gotten some qd's and stuff there. they have decent prices on *some* of their brewing stuff.

northernbrewer.com-pricey, but they have a good selection of grains.

farmhousebrewingsupply.com-they have great specials and the cheapest price on SS shanks that i could find.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    being in the midwest, i order 95% of my stuff from rebel, midwest, or farmhouse. i always shop around and compare to see what's cheapest for me with the shipping.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Wow, Never heard of farmhouse. They need a better wedsite but they will send me a sack of Golden for 4 bucks less than rebel
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • C_BC_B
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Farmhouse has some good deals. Their Camlocks are cheaper than anyone else.
  • C_BC_B
    I'm going to have to keep an eye on that.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    SeaBee said:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Farmhouse has some good deals. Their Camlocks are cheaper than anyone else.

i know me and fry both bought a pound of citra from them. they had a good deal.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    and they give you a free sticker! or they did last time.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle

I love stickers!!!!
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • C_BC_B

I love stickers!!!!

Stickers!!!!!
  • C_BC_B
    So far for my most recent order (Ceannt's Irish Red) I shopped rebel, Austin, Midwest and farmhouse. Rebel was the cheapest at 56 with shipping and Austin was the most expensive at 70 with shipping. That said, I made a couple minor substitutions because rebel didn't have exactly what I wanted. Austin was the only place I could order exact ounces of all grains and have them grind it all into one grain bill. Now if i hadn't missed the sale at Austin last week.... But I'm about to build a cheapo FZ style mill so maybe the hot ticket is to buy bulk from rebel or farmhouse.