2 tsp Indian Coriander seeds…. Crushed
    1 1/2 tsp cumin
    2 1/2 tsp allspice
    2 tbsp turbinado sugar
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    1 1/2 tbsp salt
    1 1/2 tbsp Hungarian paprika
    1 tbsp garlic powder

Use a mortar and pestle (or a bowl and a glass) to crush the Indian coriander and fennel seeds. Mix all the dry rub ingredients up in a bowl.

Marinade beef (minimum 3-pound roast or brisket) in Red wine (Cabernet or Burgundy) for at least 5-hours. Pat dry with paper towels. Cover with the dry rub, thick. Rub it in well. Place meat in a large freezer zip lock bag. And refrigerate overnight.
    Prepare smoker for cooking. Allow meat to sit out for half an hour or so. In a pan under the meat, put water, vegetable oil (about 2 or 3 tbsp), 4 crushed garlic cloves and any leftover dry rub.
    Place 4 or 5 strips of bacon (un-cooked) over the top of the meat, prior to placing in the smoker.
    Smoke on hickory (oak would be good too) for around 1 ½ hours per pound, or until the internal temperature is 149 degrees.

Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • ceanntceannt
    I was just wondering ........ bet this would be awesome on a big pork tenderloin .....
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    mmmmm, fennel.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    "turbinado sugar", so you're one of those people, at lest you're not using Himalayan pink salt.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • ceanntceannt

"turbinado sugar", so you're one of those people, at lest you're not using Himalayan pink salt.

Hah...... I use it cause it don't just burn ......
    And I have it on hand for brewing
  • scoobscoob

I have himalayan pink salt, I grind it on my morning eggs, using it much past 11am is so lower-middle class.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    azscoob said:

I have himalayan pink salt, I grind it on my morning eggs, using it much past 11am is so lower-middle class.

Fresh ground salt, that really makes a differences. It's really great on raspberry chipolte probiotic hummus, just don't spill that on your Prius' seats.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio