Keezer build
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I am building a Keezer, but can't figure out how to attach the 2x6 frame to the freezer. Any ideas?
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    no!
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    first, pour a beer.
    then,remove lid (hinges and all)
    pour another beer, because chances are the hinges were spring loaded and kind of blew up when you took them off.
    build a 2x4 box and line it up so the outside edge of the 2x4 is flush with the outside edge of the freezer on all sides.
    then attach a 2x6 box to the outside of the 2x4 box.
    this box should slide right onto the keezer with the 2x6 serving as a collar that floats down below the 2x4's. the tops of both sizes of wood should be flush with each other.
    pour another beer, because sometimes you have to cram that thing on there and you probably used up all your other beer during that frustration.
    attach lid and hinges back to the frame you just used being sure to use screws long enough to penetrate into the 2x4.
    pour another beer.
    drill holes for faucet.
    look at the holes you just drilled, realize you were too drunk to be drilling holes that really needed some kind of measured pattern too them.
    can't drive up for a new 2x6 because now you are drunk.
    screw it, call it done.
    pour another beer.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    here's a video you can watch if your into that kind of thing
    http://billybrew.com/kegerator-collar
  • C_BC_B

first, pour a beer.
    then,remove lid (hinges and all)
    pour another beer, because chances are the hinges were spring loaded and kind of blew up when you took them off.
    build a 2x4 box and line it up so the outside edge of the 2x4 is flush with the outside edge of the freezer on all sides.
    then attach a 2x6 box to the outside of the 2x4 box.
    this box should slide right onto the keezer with the 2x6 serving as a collar that floats down below the 2x4's. the tops of both sizes of wood should be flush with each other.
    pour another beer, because sometimes you have to cram that thing on there and you probably used up all your other beer during that frustration.
    attach lid and hinges back to the frame you just used being sure to use screws long enough to penetrate into the 2x4.
    pour another beer.
    drill holes for faucet.
    look at the holes you just drilled, realize you were too drunk to be drilling holes that really needed some kind of measured pattern too them.
    can't drive up for a new 2x6 because now you are drunk.
    screw it, call it done.
    pour another beer.

This may be the best set of instructions ever. Ever.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Yea, I started during the day, when I was waiting for the insurance adjuster to look at my hail riddled house and was not drinking. I should have known better. Beer in hand and giving it another go.