Sending beer in mail, ups, FedEx
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    How do you send beer to a homebrew competition or to anyone for that matter? All reading has led me to the conclusion that it is illegal. It is done a lot, so how?
  • ceanntceannt
    Ups seems the way to go........ lots of bubble wrap and rubber bands .... big zip lock bags are good too
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • jlwjlw
    Yep. I use UPS and I believe that using the USPS is illegal. I try to find a box just big enough to securely package.
  • BenSBenS
    UPS or Fedex is the best way to go. Wrap each bottle, individually, in bubble wrap and then line the box with bubble wrap and pack as tightly as possible.
    There's no starting point. It's just a massive sea of shit to wade through until you find the occasional corn kernel. -DrCurly
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    BenS said:

UPS or Fedex is the best way to go. Wrap each bottle, individually, in bubble wrap and then line the box with bubble wrap and pack as tightly as possible.

so put your package in a tight box?
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    ;))
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • jlwjlw

BenS said:

so put your package in a tight box?

Additionaly mine are locked up
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    there is legislation going through congress right now to make it legal to send booze through usps.
    this is part of the post office upgrade they have been talking about for a few years.

might happen around 2020
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I read UPS site as well. They will not ship alcohol. If you don't tell them, well that is different.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    you're not sending alcohol, you're sending yeast samples.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    True, I can't control what the yeast does once it finds a source of food, and I can't control the form of flatulence I produces.
  • ceanntceannt
    they won't ship it if they know what it is...... but it's not illegal.... it is with US mail....
  • ceanntceannt
    just make sure you ship "GROUND"..............