Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Who's Online (0)

Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
Redneck 1.5bbl brewery
  • ThymThym
    Welders are great. I sure hope the tire fired brewery comes to life.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • jlwjlw
    Lakewood said:

Welders are great. I sure hope the tire fired brewery comes to life.

Yes. The world awaits.
  • JerryJerry
    Okay so it's been some time, but i've found that my work uses a malt syrup by the pallet and I can get it at cost. So once my hops plants put out (I forget what is what so it'll be a fun blend) I'll have the makings for a really cheap brew. Might do a small partial mash, but not having to make a mash tun will save a lot of water movement.
    All I need now is one burner and stand. I'll pick up some cinder blocks next time I"m at the home depot. I'm still not sure if I should use wood, propane, wood pellets, used motor/cooking oil, or gasoline.
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • ceanntceannt
    Just fire it with dried cow dung
    In wine there is wisdom.
    In beer there is freedom.
    In water there is bacteria.
  • ceanntceannt
    Way better than used motor oil
    In wine there is wisdom.
  • C_BC_B

Okay so it's been some time, but i've found that my work uses a malt syrup by the pallet and I can get it at cost. So once my hops plants put out (I forget what is what so it'll be a fun blend) I'll have the makings for a really cheap brew. Might do a small partial mash, but not having to make a mash tun will save a lot of water movement.
    All I need now is one burner and stand. I'll pick up some cinder blocks next time I"m at the home depot. I'm still not sure if I should use wood, propane, wood pellets, used motor/cooking oil, or gasoline.

I would think propane would be the easiest choice. But being redneck... wood pallets or used motor oil would be the responsible choice.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • JerryJerry
    ceannt said:

Indian stile, I like that. I don't know about curry in the beer... or it not being alcoholic...
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • ceanntceannt

ceannt said:

Indian stile, I like that. I don't know about curry in the beer... or it not being alcoholic...

yeah.... skip the curry....
    In wine there is wisdom.
  • jlwjlw
    I would go with the wood pallets and soak in the used motor oil. Especially if you have easy access to both and I think you would for the pallets.
  • JerryJerry
    jlw said:

I would go with the wood pallets and soak in the used motor oil. Especially if you have easy access to both and I think you would for the pallets.

Good call, a rocking stove big enough to burn a pallet cut in thirds would be a great thing to have for many things....
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • jlwjlw

jlw said:

Good call, a rocking stove big enough to burn a pallet cut in thirds would be a great thing to have for many things....

Multi-purpose!
  • JerryJerry
    jlw said:

jlw said:

Multi-purpose!

I don't know the other purposes yet, but come the zombie take over of 2018 it'll be more clear.
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • ThymThym

jlw said:

jlw said:

Multi-purpose!

I don't know the other purposes yet, but come the zombie take over of 2018 it'll be more clear.

yes. this.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    poached zombies?
    In wine there is wisdom.
  • scoobscoob
    ceannt said:

poached zombies?

I prefer my zombies hickory smoked :D
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ceanntceannt
    scoob said:

ceannt said:

poached zombies?

I think they are a little gamey unless you blanch them first
    In wine there is wisdom.
  • JerryJerry
    ceannt said:

scoob said:

ceannt said:

poached zombies?

It really depends how long they've been dead and how long they've been undead. But I much rather eat brains.... oh crap... are zombies ever self aware of their condition?
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • jlwjlw

ceannt said:

scoob said:

ceannt said:

poached zombies?

It really depends how long they've been dead and how long they've been undead. But I much rather eat brains.... oh crap... are zombies ever self aware of their condition?

I don't think so. In fact I read somewhere that Hannibal lecter, capture them, tie them down, crack the skull open and scoop brains and sautéed with a nice butter sauce.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    jlw said:

ceannt said:

scoob said:

ceannt said:

poached zombies?

I don't think so. In fact I read somewhere that Hannibal lecter, capture them, tie them down, crack the skull open and scoop brains and sautéed with a nice butter sauce.

gross. butter sauce is way to fattening. i'd go for a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh garden herbs.
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • JerryJerry

jlw said:

ceannt said:

scoob said:

ceannt said:

poached zombies?

gross. butter sauce is way to fattening. i'd go for a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh garden herbs.

With a little dill and a splash of lemon juice or white wine.
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • FuzzyFuzzy

jlw said:

ceannt said:

scoob said:

ceannt said:

poached zombies?

With a little dill and a splash of lemon juice or white wine.

mmmmmmm, braaaaiiinzzzz
  • ceanntceannt
    But they are so good on pizza .....
    In wine there is wisdom.
  • JerryJerry
    pizza is good
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • JerryJerry
    Red brick, cinder blocks; I was planning on lining the burner with something more fire proof, but does it matter? How hot can red brick get? And if over heated what happens? melt down or crumbly?
    The insulation factor of something like cat litter mixed with saw dust would be nice for a better burn....
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • FuzzyFuzzy

How hot can red brick get? And if over heated what happens? melt down or crumbly?

not that hot. it cracks and chips.