Wicked Angel brew and swap.
  • LothosLothos

I figure after it slows down after I put the corn sugar in I'll bring it back upstairs where the room is constantly 68*. That should let the yeast finish up without dropping out early. I need a ferm chamber....

heh i have one its the bathroom no one uses i set the fermenter in the tub and turn on the room heat to 70 and close the door
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • C_BC_B
    Lothos said:

I figure after it slows down after I put the corn sugar in I'll bring it back upstairs where the room is constantly 68*. That should let the yeast finish up without dropping out early. I need a ferm chamber....

heh i have one its the bathroom no one uses i set the fermenter in the tub and turn on the room heat to 70 and close the door

That's awesome.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    cracked into wicked angel tonight, not quite ready, still a little flat, has some head, but it could use a few more days at least. The aroma is good and it is very hoppy. A bit cloudy too, that was the case with my last ipa. I used irish moss, but still seem to be getting some cloudy product. Regardless, it tastes good.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    whirlfloc and a long ass primary for clear beer. whole leaf hops help a ton too, but then again, a super hoppy beer shouldn't ever clear because that level of hops creates its own special and unbreakable haze.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Yea, I'm going with unbreakable haze. That might be a new name. That isn't trademarked is it?
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Benvarine said:

Yea, I'm going with unbreakable haze. That might be a new name. That isn't trademarked is it?

no such thing. time will fix the haze. it might be past where the beer is at it's best, but it will settle out.
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • BenvarineBenvarine

Benvarine said:

no such thing. time will fix the haze. it might be past where the beer is at it's best, but it will settle out.

That's good to know, but it does not help with the name. I always reserve a few bottles for later tasting, so I will test that out on this beer and see how how it looks in a few months.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Benvarine said:

Benvarine said:

That's good to know, but it does not help with the name. I always reserve a few bottles for later tasting, so I will test that out on this beer and see how how it looks in a few months.

foggy angel?
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Yes, that works. Somewhere along the way I named it Angel Fire, that is what I wrote on the caps, AF IPA. I guess it was a long night, too many beers, .... Angel Fog IPA sounds like a good name. I am going with that. Nice one FZ.
  • ThymThym
    Benvarine said:

Benvarine said:

Ive got a couple botles left from a batch a brewed probably a year ago at least now. I drank one last month and it was still awesome. This beer can handle some age without losing the crispness.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ThymThym
    Benvarine said:

Yes, that works. Somewhere along the way I named it Angel Fire, that is what I wrote on the caps, AF IPA. I guess it was a long night, too many beers, .... Angel Fog IPA sounds like a good name. I am going with that. Nice one FZ.

I like that name... i may have to steal that ;)
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    big hoppy beers should not be aged!
    drink it cloudy and hoppy as hell. hooray.
  • FuzzyFuzzy

big hoppy beers should not be aged!
    drink it cloudy and hoppy as hell. hooray.

you'll lose the hops, but gain some malty goodness. mmmmm, malty.
  • C_BC_B
    This is chugging along nicely now. I added the corn sugar last night. Then this afternoon brought it back upstairs where is is sitting on 68* and bubbling away. I suppose everyone else's is bottled and kegged...
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    drank some of mine today, it has rounded the corner and is now better than a bag of black jellybeans.
    it is dangerously good, at 11.5% abv.
    i came a little as i drank my first pint.
    the honey, maple sap, hops.............prepare yourselves for the swap bitches
  • C_BC_B
    Which one of you Missouri folks sent me the Stone bomber? I assume it is Wicked Angel?
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Me. Did the package look suspicious? Arrive intact?
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    The cap is labeled AF IIPA, I meant to put WA IIPA. Close enough.
  • LothosLothos
    now thats damn funny right there
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    It is now Angel Fog.
  • C_BC_B
    Bahahaha, that's why I wasn't sure if it was Wicked Angel... It was intact. And sufficiently suspicious.
  • ThymThym

Bahahaha, that's why I wasn't sure if it was Wicked Angel... It was intact. And sufficiently suspicious.

I got mine today too! Yay!!

I put it in the fridge to chill. I'll probably crack it open this weekend.
  • ThymThym
    @benvarine

Oh, and as far as it being intact.... it was packed so well im pretty sure you could have shot it on a ballistic trajectory from MO and landed in my yard without any damage!
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Sweet. Glad it made it, next time I'll try the cannon route.
  • ThymThym
    Benvarine said:

Sweet. Glad it made it, next time I'll try the cannon route.

I look forward to that