want to know about hops?
  • PK1PK1
    I couldn't add this to the hop substitution thread because it was closed but here is a lot of information on hops including substitutions: http://beerlegends.com/hops-varieties
  • ThymThym
    I attempted to merge this into Hop Substation Chart but it didn't work as expected (still learning the new forum).

Anyway, PK1 this is another great chart, thanks!
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • BenSBenS
    Wow. That is an excellent resource for hops! Thanks PK1
    There's no starting point. It's just a massive sea of shit to wade through until you find the occasional corn kernel. -DrCurly
  • FerminatorFerminator
    That is good work PK.
  • djsethalldjsethall
    That is an excellent link. I will definitely utilize the resource next time I create a recipe. I have about a third of the hop varieties listed in my brewery freezer. How do you guys store your hops?
  • ThymThym
    I keep hops in vacuum packed bags in the fridge. They seem to keep very well in that way.
  • FerminatorFerminator
    I store mine In the freezer Wich currently is out of stock. The only thing In their now is my yeast packets. I buy yeast all the time weather I need it or not. I really need to stock up on hops.
  • ThymThym
    i keep both yeast and hops in the fridge. not sure if freezer temps would be better or worse, but the fridge seems to work well.

i do store my DME in the freezer... just to inhibit any kind of growth.