Burner Question.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    My burner probably just sucks. It's a cheapo turkey friar one, but it's what I got so I'm just going to go with it. Anyhoodle, every time I use it, and I do mean ever time, it works more like a soot factory than a burner. I've tried playing with the air mixing valve a bunch of times and it literally makes zero difference.

Has anyone else dealt with a dirty burner successfully? If so, what did you do to get a cleaner burn?
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • C_BC_B
    I have a craptastic turkey fryer like you say. It did the same thing once and after much frustration I found a very thick spider web in it. Like halfway between the air baffle and the burner. I think I blew compressed air through and out came a nasty little web/ball.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    C_B said:

I have a craptastic turkey fryer like you say. It did the same thing once and after much frustration I found a very thick spider web in it. Like halfway between the air baffle and the burner. I think I blew compressed air through and out came a nasty little web/ball.

hmmm, this is very likely. i keep it in the garage. i'll have to try that out.
  • ThymThym
    Oops. I accepted rather than quoted. Anyway, mine had a bunch of rust flakes in the bottom of it and it did that same thing
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • I've had to pull the cup style burners apart to clear rust from the inside. They are particular on airflow.
    Sign here______________________________
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

Oops. I accepted rather than quoted. Anyway, mine had a bunch of rust flakes in the bottom of it and it did that same thing

this is also very likely.
  • I left one outside until it would work anymore. Took it apart and cleaned the rust and it was back like new.
    Sign here______________________________
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle

I left one outside until it would work anymore. Took it apart and cleaned the rust and it was back like new.

I've got one I need to do that too. They really fill with water in a bad way. It's a bad design for leaving uncovered outside, but everyone seems to do it.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • C_BC_B

I left one outside until it would work anymore. Took it apart and cleaned the rust and it was back like new.

I've got one I need to do that too. They really fill with water in a bad way. It's a bad design for leaving uncovered outside, but everyone seems to do it.

I'm guilty of it.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants