Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Tagged

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Who's Online (0)

Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
Burner Question.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    My burner probably just sucks. It's a cheapo turkey friar one, but it's what I got so I'm just going to go with it. Anyhoodle, every time I use it, and I do mean ever time, it works more like a soot factory than a burner. I've tried playing with the air mixing valve a bunch of times and it literally makes zero difference.

Has anyone else dealt with a dirty burner successfully? If so, what did you do to get a cleaner burn?
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • C_BC_B
    I have a craptastic turkey fryer like you say. It did the same thing once and after much frustration I found a very thick spider web in it. Like halfway between the air baffle and the burner. I think I blew compressed air through and out came a nasty little web/ball.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    C_B said:

I have a craptastic turkey fryer like you say. It did the same thing once and after much frustration I found a very thick spider web in it. Like halfway between the air baffle and the burner. I think I blew compressed air through and out came a nasty little web/ball.

hmmm, this is very likely. i keep it in the garage. i'll have to try that out.
  • ThymThym
    Oops. I accepted rather than quoted. Anyway, mine had a bunch of rust flakes in the bottom of it and it did that same thing
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • I've had to pull the cup style burners apart to clear rust from the inside. They are particular on airflow.
    Sign here______________________________
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

Oops. I accepted rather than quoted. Anyway, mine had a bunch of rust flakes in the bottom of it and it did that same thing

this is also very likely.
  • I left one outside until it would work anymore. Took it apart and cleaned the rust and it was back like new.
    Sign here______________________________
  • JerryJerry

I left one outside until it would work anymore. Took it apart and cleaned the rust and it was back like new.

I've got one I need to do that too. They really fill with water in a bad way. It's a bad design for leaving uncovered outside, but everyone seems to do it.
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • C_BC_B

I left one outside until it would work anymore. Took it apart and cleaned the rust and it was back like new.

I've got one I need to do that too. They really fill with water in a bad way. It's a bad design for leaving uncovered outside, but everyone seems to do it.

I'm guilty of it.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants