1024 x 768 - 288K
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Any deets? Connections? Capacity? Flow?
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    C_B said:

Any deets? Connections? Capacity? Flow?

connections are flare fittings for the internal wort tube. the wort tube is about 5 or 6 ft of 1/4" copper spiraled into the space of the 2 ft long section of 4" ABS. the abs has 1/4" NPT threaded holes for chilling water. apparently i scavenged one of the fittings off it, since it only has one barb on it at the moment.

it works pretty good. not super efficient, but reasonably effective (better than an immersion chiller IMHO)

you need to make sure you have chilling water running through it anytime hot wort is flowing, otherwise it will melt the end caps.

i used this in between my immersion chiller and my tube-in-a-tube counterflow design.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    I'll take it! You like PayPal... I rather send you some cash, what'll it cost to ship to 01301?
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • ThymThym

I'll take it! You like PayPal... I rather send you some cash, what'll it cost to ship to 01301?

I'll check on shipping cost.

Sending cash via the mail isn't a great idea.
  • ThymThym
    Lakewood said:

im too lazy to actually calculate the cost. if you want it, i'll ship it. send me $20, that should cover the shipping and packaging cost. or at least it will be close enough.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Lakewood said:

Lakewood said:

im too lazy to actually calculate the cost. if you want it, i'll ship it. send me $20, that should cover the shipping and packaging cost. or at least it will be close enough.

Great, will do.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio