Farmhouse Braggot
  • Evan_BEvan_B
    ceannt said:

Evan_B said:

+ 2 gallons Farmhouse Braggot
    + 4 gallons sour saison (Currently souring with lactobacillus culture)

=602.5 total

OK ... time for you to start a recipe thread on that Braggot!

It's actually a relatively simple (experimental) recipe.

44.4% 6-row
    44.4% Clover honey (added at flame out)
    11.2% CaraMunich

0.5oz Revolution (Rogue Hop Farm) Hops 5.42%aa FWH (any noble variety hop would work)
    0.5oz Revolution (Rogue Hop Farm) Hops 5.42%aa 10min

Pitched approx 100 billion cells of Farmhouse yeast strain (2 gallon batch). Fermentation went nuts about 2 hours after pitching yeast. Fermented at approx 85F, on day four now.

OG - 1.070
    FG- ???

Step Infusion mash:
    Protein rest at 132 15min
    Beta Rest at 144 for 30min
    Alpha rest at 155 for 30min
    526490_180836575431406_895742507_n.jpg
    720 x 960 - 77K
    Amigo, lay them raises down.
  • Evan_BEvan_B
    I guess it is not technically a braggot because the amount of honey is less then 50% of the fermentables. Buuuuuuuut, I am calling it a braggot anyways.
  • ceanntceannt
    Love that color!
    and plenty close enough to call a Braggot
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • ThymThym
    where did you get the rogue hops?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Lakewood said:

this
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • Evan_BEvan_B
    Lakewood said:

Well me start by saying they are from 2010. However, they were unopened and sealed with nitrogen. I happen to come across about 12 1oz packs Revolution and Independent Hop pellets in the dark depths of the hop freezer at work/LHBS. I was going to try a special bitter to showcase both the hops, but the bag holding my grist ripped open, spilling grain all over the GRAVEL driveway.

I will still try it soon, hopefully.
  • ceanntceannt
    I hate it when hops go rogue.... and have to be hunted down
  • ceanntceannt
    Evan_B said:

Lakewood said:

... but the bag holding my grist ripped open, spilling grain all over the GRAVEL driveway.

Oh that... just ..... sucks
  • Evan_BEvan_B
    ceannt said:

Evan_B said:

Lakewood said:

... but the bag holding my grist ripped open, spilling grain all over the GRAVEL driveway.

I think it was a actually a sign from Ninkasi herself. It was a simple grist of 89% Maris Otter and 11% C150L, which thinking about it was probably way to much crystal. Especially for a 3.6%abv beer. She might have done me a favor.
  • ThymThym
    Evan_B said:

ceannt said:

Evan_B said:

Lakewood said:

I think it was a actually a sign from Ninkasi herself. It was a simple grist of 89% Maris Otter and 11% C150L, which thinking about it was probably way to much crystal. Especially for a 3.6%abv beer. She might have done me a favor.

oh... yeah, for those hops you dont want to do that. it'll taste watered down, sweet and bitter. probably pretty gross really.
  • ThymThym
    to be clear, i dont think you would ever want to showcase any hop profile in a base beer like that.
  • ceanntceannt
    Evan_B said:

ceannt said:

Evan_B said:

Lakewood said:

oh.... if I had known that I would have grabbed the bag out of your hand and dumped it in the driveway my self...... or just add double the Maris Otter...
  • Evan_BEvan_B
    I am really not sure what I was thinking. I rather not use any crystal malts if I can. If need be, i'll throw in some Carapils. I am trying to develop a process that builds body an fullness rather then just throwing some crystal at it.

I must've been drunk.
  • ThymThym
    Evan_B said:

I must've been drunk.

Obviously. Appology accepted.
  • ceanntceannt
    Evan_B said:

I am really not sure what I was thinking. I rather not use any crystal malts if I can. If need be, i'll throw in some Carapils. I am trying to develop a process that builds body an fullness rather then just throwing some crystal at it.

I must've been drunk.

that's the only acceptable excuse...