Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Who's Online (0)

Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
  • jlwjlw

Sup? I live in VA, most of my free time is spent with wife and kids. I started brewing in january 2010, I switched to AG Dec 2010. I started designing recipes in May of 2011.

Not sure I have a brewing philosophy but if I do it's simplistic beers. I think the Germans have it right with the purity law.

• ThymThym

I think some of the best beers i've made were the ones with the simplest recipes. Good base malt a little crystal and some hops - can make a superb beer.

The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • djsethalldjsethall
    I have yet to try a SMaSH recipe, maybe I'll do that next
  • ThymThym
    I've not done a true SMaSH either. Hop additions are usually an assortment of hops on hand to get a variety of flavors. And I always throw a little crystal or cara in the malt mix. I should really try a SMaSH for the learning experience. You can really get to know your hop profiles with only a single hop in the brew.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny