C_B's chocolate stout
  • ceanntceannt
    So I opened a bottle with "CS" on the cap... the UPS guy left it on my doorstep in 100 degree weather all day, and I was a little worried that it would suffer from it... it didn't.
    Color is, as expected, very dark, pretty near black. Head is perfect, a quarter inch, very brown (surprised me, normally stouts have a white head)
    Aroma is complex, malty, kinda sweet, not really picking up on the chocolate, but it is there, just hiding out with the malt. No "off" aromas at all.
    Body is light.
    Flavor is very smooth, very clean. No strong roasted character or astringency. Drinks very much like a black lager. I am not a big fan of chocolate in beer, but this is so subtle and works with the malt in a way that is very appealing to me.
    This is a great summer beer, very refreshing, lots of flavor, and is hard to just sip... I wanted to chug it. As it warmed the aroma and flavor really opened up... so I was glad I restrained myself.
    All in all, a well balanced beer, and I'm happy there is another one in the fridge for tonight.
    Well conceived and executed C_B!
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • C_BC_B
    Thanks!
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ceanntceannt
    enjoyed the second one too....
    Thanks for sending them to me!
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.