Fast and cheap ferm chamber
  • C_BC_B
    Have problems with summer heat making your beer sad? I had a window air conditioner, a temp controller and an idea.

It isn't hot enough in the house to need the a/c yet so I did this.

You'll notice from this first pick that I didn't even bother to seal it up to the wall. No need.
    IMAG0928.jpg
    1440 x 2560 - 417K
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    Here is the finished hut.
    IMAG0925.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 264K
  • C_BC_B
    Holding the panels together is a 1/4 wooden rod jammed into both pieces. Not a long term solution, but it works ok for now.
    IMAG0931.jpg
    1440 x 2560 - 302K
  • C_BC_B
    Here is the temp probe. I taped a towel over it so I would get a better reading on the bucket. Not sure how much better it is but the controller seems to stay fairly stable.
    IMAG0930.jpg
    1440 x 2560 - 432K
  • ceanntceannt
    Sweet
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    i've been on the lookout for a cheap window unit for the same kind of chamber, but no dice so far.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • C_BC_B

i've been on the lookout for a cheap window unit for the same kind of chamber, but no dice so far.

This isn't really cheap unless you already have the window unit and the temp controller. Which I did.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    C_B said:

This isn't really cheap unless you already have the window unit and the temp controller. Which I did.

i'm hoping for a craigslist window unit. but i don't really care about the temp controller. i just want it to get colder than it is in the house.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ThymThym
    Look for houses being remodelled or talk to a few hvac contractors to get leads on places where old units may be headed to the garage.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ThymThym
    Clever build BTW.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • Evan_BEvan_B
    That is pretty sweet! The best part is IT WORKS!
    Amigo, lay them raises down.